White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said Friday that the White House “won’t rest” until they get a resolution to what happened during the ambush in Niger that claimed fout U.S. servicemen.
- On Gen. Kelly’s incorrect statement on Rep. Wilson: “If you want to get into a debate with a four-star marine general, I think that’s highly inappropriate,” adding that Kelly “absolutely” stands by his comments.
- Did Trump misstep in his condolence call? “If the spirit of which the comments were intended [was] misunderstood, that’s very unfortunate.”
- Gen. Kelly’s thoughts on Rep. Wilson’s rebuke of Trump’s call to the widow of a fallen soldier: “General Kelly said he was stunned that she made the comments about herself.”
- On George W. Bush’s speech: “Our understanding is that those comments were not directed at the president.”
- Next disaster relief supplemental funding bill will be sent to Congress “in the coming weeks.”
Posted in: Politics