During a speech today at the Bush Institute, George W. Bush took aim at President Trump and expressed concern about the current state of U.S. Politics.
- “Bigotry seems emboldened. Our politics seems more vulnerable to conspiracy theories and outright fabrication.”
- “Our young people need positive role models. Bullying and prejudice in our public life sets a national tone, provides permission for cruelty and bigotry, and compromises the moral education of children.”
- “We need to recall and recover our own identity.”
- “We cannot wish globalization away, any more than we could wish away the Agricultural Revolution or the Industrial Revolution.”
- “Argument turns too easily into animosity. Disagreement escalates into dehumanization. Too often we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.”
Posted in: Politics